Thursday, June 5, 2008

JUNE 5th, 2008


I am happily making my craft items again!!!

And the next most important thing for me is to be online with my Etsy Friends!

www.etsy.com

I quite enjoy chatting occassionally with my Etsy friends. Okay, probably occassionaly isn't the best word to use when I am online as often as I can be, which isn't as often as I'd like to be, catching up with everyone who enjoys crafting as much as I do.

Yes, they are cyber friends. Some I haven't met yet, but some I have ventured out to meet and of course they are lovely people! I always say, "If anyone loves animals or crafting, they are okay people with me". I just figure if people are kind to animals, they must have patience and understanding and those are great characteristics to have. And to be creative is a truly thoughtful process and that is also a wonder characteristic to have. Being thoughtful is a good characteristic to have in a friend, whether cyber or up-close and in person.

I have to admit that now in my life, I tend to feel "empty nest syndrome" a lot as my two teenagers have grown up into fine young ladies and gentlemen and for the most part have very busy lives of their own. With this being said, I know that I must stay busy myself, or I'll sit and dwell on the fact that my babies don't require mom's attention like they once did.

So, I find myself reaching out to others who share in similar interests as I do. Hopefully I can bide my extra time enjoying the company of similar minded individuals and perhaps strike up a few new friendships and aquaintences to help fill the void of the lack of kids needing me, and give me some interesting moments to my days.

If you too find that crafting is your pleasure, you really must check out the website www.etsy.com and get involved in a wonderful world of handmade goods and the super people who create them.

There are forums to discuss the latest of everything happening in the handmade realm.

http://www.etsy.com/forums_main.php

There are lots of people who have exciting shops with everything from literally soup to nuts and maybe even a kitchen sink or two, though I haven't searched for that on etsy yet. You may indeed find a picture of a kitchen sink! It seems that just about everything you can image, you can find on Etsy. It is a website with definite finesse, and prides itself as a classy marketplace, with a well-rounded selection of offerings on a world-wide basis.

And now that I have started crafting again, you can check out my shop on Etsy as a "happening" shop. I hope to add to it everyday if I am able to create something new to list there. I have discovered a love of knitting and crocheting and at the moment I am working on making slippers. I listed a pair yesterday and I have a new one started today.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=12308354

Enjoy!

~ Paula

No comments: