Tuesday, September 23, 2008

~ SUNSHINE AND SMILES ~


^)_^()_^()_^)_^()_^()_^)_^()_^()_

S*M*I*L*E*S

^)_^()_^()_^)_^()_^()_^)_^()_^(

I hope everyone loves smiles as much as I do.
I smile a lot throughout the day and everytime I do I love it!

When I hear of people who are feeling down or sick from colds etc, I always wish I could make them feel better right away by giving out hugs.

I'm one of those huggie people who wants to give the entire world a big ol' hug and make everything better.
Yes, my la~la~land.
Not reality, but it's the way I feel.
I of course wish it was that easy, but alas, it is not.
...~ "some people don't even want things to be better..."

And some people don't even want things to be better. Yes, unfortunately that is true. Some people are chronic complainers and if they didn't have anything to complain about, they'd be all out of sorts, and wouldn't know what to do with themselves.
Hey, to each their own.

At one time in my life I was around too many 'down' people and it really brought me down being with them. I did manage to figure out what was happening to me and made sure I was around more positive and happy people.
Now when I come in contact with someone who is down, I try to help them to see the brighter side of life, and if they don't want to, ... I move on.
Someone once told me that I should look at myself as
"the highest rung on
the ladder".
In other words, I am the most important person in my life.
That is not to say that I am above the rest in any way, nor better than the rest. No. It just means that I have to treat myself well. That
I am important.

If a person doesn't look after themselves first and foremost as important, they can't expect anyone else to. Nor can they be ready to look after anyone else in a positive manner.
This statement is so incredibly true...

Have you ever heard the phrase,
"Take care of the caregiver so that the caregiver can take care of others".

Wow! Do you know how important that phrase is???

If a Caregiver gets run down physically, or emotionally, well who can they help?
No one!
...............
A Caregiver needs to look after Number ONE (themselves).
Then they can focus on others more effectively.
Now this doesn't matter if you are a MOM,
a support worker,
or a friend going through some rough times with a close friend or relative.
You have to look after yourself in a positive way
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
to be effective to helping others.
I learned a lot when I learned this fact. It was so helpful.

Get the sleep you need.
Get the food you need.
Get the support you need.

Look after yourself first.
NOT out of selfishness, but rather out of requirement of refuelling.

Take the time to refresh resources.

Always accept smiles and sunshine into your life.
They are precious commodities and oh so needed for our well-being.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post today UX! I couldn't help but smile when reading it! Thanks for brightening my day!

Anonymous said...

I agree completely!! Very well said!

Unknown said...

Aw Chicki, you're the bestest!!! (((Hugs))) Thanks for commenting on my blog and I'm glad I could help make you smile and brighten your day!

Unknown said...

Hi Jewelz! I'm so glad you 'revealed' yourself today with your avatar photo. It was such a pleasure seeing your photo and being able to put a face with the name. Thanks for the kind comment on my blog page here today. It means a lot to me. Thanks with (((Hugs))). ~ Ux.